COVID-19 Office Policy
Your appointment at Floss & Co. is just around the corner, and we’ve made some changes to our process in order to best protect the health and safety of our beloved patients.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT OUR OFFICE:
- When you arrive to our parking lot, please call us at (773) 586-5522 to let us know you are here. Then please remain in your car.
- When your doctor is ready to see you, we’ll call or text you and ask you to meet us foyer/entryway of our building (just inside the front door).
- A member of the Floss team will meet you in the entryway to take your temperature with a forehead thermometer, give you a squirt of hand sanitizer, and provide you with the appropriate protective equipment as needed. You will then be escorted to your exam room.
- We ask that you wear a face mask when you enter our building and until you are in your exam room. Likewise, we ask that you put the mask back on as you leave the exam room to exit the building. Please bring your own mask.
WHEN YOU’RE IN THE EXAM ROOM:
- You will be provided with a mini cup Peroxyl rinse and asked to “swish” for 30-60 seconds. This cleans the mouth and help to reduce the risk of contaminated particulates getting into the air during the dental procedure.
- When your hygienist and doctor enter your exam room, they’ll put on a special scrub jacket, surgical cap and protective face shield on top of the base-layer scrub and K95 mask they already have on. When they leave the exam room, the jacket, cap and protective shield will remain in the exam room – this reduces the spread of any possible contaminates from exam room to exam room.
- You may notice some fancy new equipment in your exam room like air filters, water purifiers, special suction tubes and other dental appliances. These are all being utilized as extra precautions to protect from potential airborne particulates. If you have questions about them, just ask your doctor.
WHEN YOUR APPOINTMENT IS OVER:
- You should have already filled out your Payment Information form (attached, just in case), so when your doctor is done, just put your mask back on and head out our front door.
- If you need to stop at the restroom on your way out, please be sure to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and use a paper towel to exit the restroom door.
OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
- Please try to arrive to our parking lot 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment. We’re working hard to stagger patient appointments in order to allow for social distancing. If everyone arrives on time, it will make I that much easier.
- If it is determined that you have a fever when you arrive to our office, we will reschedule your appointment a minimum of 14 days later and also request that you self-isolate for that amount of time for the safety and health of others.
- We ask that patients enter our building alone. Exceptions include young children (12 or under), who may be accompanied by one parent (siblings are discouraged unless they are also being seen), and any senior patients or patients with disabilities, who may be accompanied by one caregiver. Anyone else will be asked to wait in the car.
- If you do accompany your child into the office, you may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We ask that you leave unnecessary items, such as handbags and backpacks, at home, if possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. While we’ve done our best to consider all possible scenarios (and how best to address them for the safety of our patients), we know that there are always extenuating circumstances and special needs. We will do our best to accommodate them.
We look forward to seeing your smiling face soon!
The Floss Crew